FAB account frozen after KYC update delay anyone faced this and how to check balance now?
Posted: 28 Mar 2026, 01:04
Hi all, posting this here in the general chat side since I have seen people discuss day to day issues along with the usual tech topics.
I am currently working in the UAE and ran into a problem with my FAB account getting restricted because of a pending KYC update. I had submitted the documents but there seems to be a delay from their side, and now the account is partially frozen. Payments are not going through properly and I cannot tell what is actually available.
It feels a bit like when a receiver or server stops responding even though everything looks configured right, and you are left guessing where the hold up really is.
The main issue for me right now is checking the balance. Since access is limited, the app is not showing everything clearly and SMS updates are not consistent. I am not sure if ATM balance inquiry is the only reliable way at this point or if there is something else that works even when the account is under restriction.
Has anyone here gone through this KYC delay situation with FAB and can share what to expect and how long it usually takes to get things back to normal, and also what is the best way to check the real balance during this period?
I am currently working in the UAE and ran into a problem with my FAB account getting restricted because of a pending KYC update. I had submitted the documents but there seems to be a delay from their side, and now the account is partially frozen. Payments are not going through properly and I cannot tell what is actually available.
It feels a bit like when a receiver or server stops responding even though everything looks configured right, and you are left guessing where the hold up really is.
The main issue for me right now is checking the balance. Since access is limited, the app is not showing everything clearly and SMS updates are not consistent. I am not sure if ATM balance inquiry is the only reliable way at this point or if there is something else that works even when the account is under restriction.
Has anyone here gone through this KYC delay situation with FAB and can share what to expect and how long it usually takes to get things back to normal, and also what is the best way to check the real balance during this period?