How many new FTA channels might I get with another dish?

Free to air satellite tv channels and broadcasts
dishwish
Germany

How many new FTA channels might I get with another dish?

Post by dishwish »

Hi! I've googled this forum, please excuse me if I have not completely understood how it all works.

I'd like to buy a new dish and receive FTA channels just for fun. I have Astra 19.2° TV, and I said to myself, I could try finding different TV channels.

The new dish would be around 85 cm in diameter I think, and I already have chosen some stable dishes so that the focal point will not suffer from the winds on my balcony and the quirks in the dish. The balcony has a bit of a limited view as it is the upmost floor and the ceiling of the house goes around the whole view from the balcony.

So, there's an unobstructed view to the east from my house in southern Germany. Very much exactly the east, but actually 20°more to the north. I can receive Astra 19.2° without problems.

What do you think could I receive with the new dish, pointing to where it's necessary? I have no preferrences except I don't really like news channels. More like content I would not be aware of without the new satellite, no matter what language. Unfortunately many transponders carry encrypted channels and I'm by no means good in working out these things. I'm not sure what the forum is about. I had PUBS, for the fascination, ages ago. But I know very little about digital TV. The requirements for many TV stations is a residence in another country, so FTA is probably the only thing I will be able to manage.

Best regards
The Founder
Administration
Administration
Germany

Re: How many new FTA channels might I get with another dish?

Post by The Founder »

dishwish wrote: 08 Aug 2023, 02:12 Hi! I've googled this forum, please excuse me if I have not completely understood how it all works.

I'd like to buy a new dish and receive FTA channels just for fun. I have Astra 19.2° TV, and I said to myself, I could try finding different TV channels.

The new dish would be around 85 cm in diameter I think, and I already have chosen some stable dishes so that the focal point will not suffer from the winds on my balcony and the quirks in the dish. The balcony has a bit of a limited view as it is the upmost floor and the ceiling of the house goes around the whole view from the balcony.

So, there's an unobstructed view to the east from my house in southern Germany. Very much exactly the east, but actually 20°more to the north. I can receive Astra 19.2° without problems.

What do you think could I receive with the new dish, pointing to where it's necessary? I have no preferrences except I don't really like news channels. More like content I would not be aware of without the new satellite, no matter what language. Unfortunately many transponders carry encrypted channels and I'm by no means good in working out these things. I'm not sure what the forum is about. I had PUBS, for the fascination, ages ago. But I know very little about digital TV. The requirements for many TV stations is a residence in another country, so FTA is probably the only thing I will be able to manage.

Best regards
yes mate you can receve easily Astra 19.2 there many chanel FTA..new dish better ask any local technical for this perpose becese there many dish type for good signals in german

regards